Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Trip to Kyoto! (The 1st day)

Hello! I haven't seen you for a long time. In fact, I went to Kyoto prefecture with my friend on Sep.8,9,10. kyoto was the formerly capital of Japan. So, it's very old but beautiful town.

First, I went to Kinkaku(Golden Pavilion). Kinkaku is a popular name for one of the main building of this temple, which is properly called Rokuon-ji Temple. I've seen it when I was a child. But I was moved by its magnificence again.

Then, I went to Ginkaku; formally it is called Higashiyama Jisho-ji Temple. "Gin" means silver, but Ginkaku is not Silver Pavilion and it is a wooden temple. Ginkaku is the place where Higashiyama culture formed, and is the start of modern life style of the Japanese. So, Ginkaku is very historic building. But, unfortunately, I couldn't see Ginkaku, because it is restored now. Although I've seen it before, my friend has never seen it. So, she was disappointed. :-( But, there is a nice garden near by Ginkaku. And the garden matches harmoniously with Ginkaku and Togu-do(Buddhist Hall), and catches people's heart. And I relaxed there.

After that, I drank powdered green tea. It's one of the famous food of Kyoto. It tastes bitter a little, but I like it! In Kyoto, the sweets containing powdered green tea are very popular. Of course, I ate them.

Then, I went to Yasaka Shrine. I prayed to God and wrote my wish on the Ema(a votive picture tablet) there.

I was excited the 1st day in Kyoto, but I was tired at the same time. Because I walked under the burning sun all day! Kyoto was very hot!! So, I thought that I should have taken a hat and sunglasses.

No comments: