Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chinatown in Yokohama

I haven’t seen you for a long time.

I went to Chinatown in Yokohama on October 12th with my mother for the first time. I was surprised that Chinatown in Yokohama was so large! I’ve been to Chinatown in Nagasaki, but it was smaller than Yokohama’s one. Even so, Yokohama’s Chinatown was larger than I expected!! There are many fine gates. They were very beautiful! And there are too many Chinese restaurants to choose where we eat lunch. After all, I ate the steamed bun with meat in it which was made by the champion of Chinese dishes’ contest. It tasted very good  Then, I went shopping. I bought the fragrant orange-colored olive tea. I like this aroma very much! Furthermore, I bought T-shirt which was printed the picture of panda. The pandas are doing Chinese boxing. They are very cute, but I think they must be very strong(Like Kung fu Panda!). (By the way, I belong to the badminton club. So, I’m going to wear this T-shirt during the club activity) Then, I met a strange old man. He wore the Chinese clothes, red-framed glasses and very big earrings. I think that you think “Why is this old man strange?” But, in fact, his earrings were vinyl bags. And the goldfishes were swimming in them!! A lot of people took his pictures with interest. Of course, I took it, too!

These occurrences reminded me of the wonderful days in America. Especially, I remembered the day when I went to Chinatown in America and bought a T-shirt in Baltimore with Sahori. And I miss Nina, Heather, great mentors and Maryland again!


BubbleShare: Share photos - School Crafts">

2 comments:

Sanae said...

Thanks to show tour nice picture:)This old man is really fun! In fact I also went to Chinatown by school trip, the food was good so I want to go again!

Nikki said...

Sae,
Thank you for posting those pictures. I've never seen a man with goldfish hanging from his ears. Maybe one day I will!