Saturday, August 2, 2008

First Day !!

Hello! I’m Sae. I major in international communication in AGU. The reason why I choose this summer program is that I want to brush up my communication skill, especially speaking. And I think my choice is right! Because I can have a lot of chance to speak with Americans. So, I’m glad.

I arrived at America yesterday. And I met teachers and mentors; Nina and Heather and mentors; Nikki, Joe and Mike. They are very kind, and I enjoyed speaking with them. Then, I rode very cool bus of the Maryland University from the airport to the hotel. During the drive, I saw the White House and many museums. I was really excited and took many pictures. I want to go to Washington D.C again.

In the evening I went to go to the Plato’s diner with Mike and the members of AGU. All dishes were very big!! I was very surprised!! I ate the chicken sandwich, and it was good, but too big to eat for me.

I’m looking forward to experiencing a lot of things in America for two weeks.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm so glad you are here! Don't worry, we will have a lot of chances to explore D.C. I'm excited to get to know you the next two weeks.

Nina Liakos said...

I would like to have seen your face when the waiter brought your chicken sandwich, LOL! I bet you were shocked by the portion size. You can save money in America by sharing a dish with a friend. There is usually plenty for two!

I am delighted that you chose to spend your break here in Maryland with us, and I think you will have many opportunities to practice speaking English with the mentors, with Heather and me, and with other people that you are going to meet while you are here.

Welcome!

Ai said...

Nice to meet you in blog, Sae^^

I'm Ai, a member of AGU 2007. How is your impression after arriving in Maryland!?

My dear Maryland bus XD! It is really cool, right^^? I want to ride it again, hahaha! Anyway please speak English many times!

Ai

KANA.Y said...

Hi Sae:) I am a member of AGU 2007.

My majour is International communications too. This program will help you to study your major.

I was also surprised that American food is so big. Last year, we usually share the food meals.

Kana

Hiromi said...

Hello, Sae! This is Hiromi.
I enjoyed reading your post, thanks!

Also, I'm glad to know that you arrived there safely. It really was a long trip, wasn't it?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading your next post!