Thursday, August 7, 2008

Newseum and Billiard!


We went to the Newseum yesterday. I like the museum from the outset, so I was looking forward to going to there. And it was better than I expected. There are many exhibit, materials, pictures and so on in Newseum. Especially, I liked exhibit of many old books and the history of media. They were very interesting for me. And I bought some souvenirs for my friends.

Then, I joined Mike’s group and walked in Chinatown. We took a rest in the square. There is a nice fountain there. After that, I went to see the White House. I saw it a little from the bus of the University of Maryland on the day we arrived. But I could see it exactly yesterday.

Then, I went to the Asian food restaurant. I ate chicken bento there. I ate Japanese food after a long time. It was really good!! And the members of our group listened to Mike’s love story. It was interesting for us!

We went to play billiards as soon as we went to back the QI. I played it for the first time. And it was difficult, but very fun! Kyoko and Yuya played very well. And Mike too, of course! I want to go to play billiards again.

Yesterday was really exciting day.

Thank you, Mike!!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! I also thought the Newseum was really interesting.

Nikki said...

= )

Nina Liakos said...

Wow, you really packed a lot of experiences into one day! The square you rested in after walking around Chinatown is the Navy Memorial. The fountains are beautiful, aren't they? I like the statue of a sailor with his duffle bag in the middle of it. It's a very nice place to sit and rest.

Everyone always wants to see the White House. I have never been inside it; for most of my life, the President has not been someone I wanted to visit--and that is certainly true now!

Ai said...

Hi, sae!

How was the billiards games? Did you like it^^?? Did you plat it in the laundry or campus? Anyway, I remember that I was surprised American universities have the game center because there are NO games in our university, hehehe^^

Ai

Hiromi said...

Hi, Sae!
I enjoyed reading your post very much and it seems that you did a lot of different things, right?

Visiting the Newseum sounds really interesting to me, and it's nice to know that you enjoyed being there! ^^