Wednesday, August 13, 2008


I went to the Capitol building yesterday. I went to the Capitol through the underground passage. There are many pictures which the high school students drew. They were very nice. And then, I entered the Capitol. There are many statue of presidents; Lincoln, Jefferson and so on. Also, I saw the painting on the ceiling. I was impressed by it. It was magnificent and very beautiful. I think that I could have good experience.

After that, we went to the botanical garden. I saw a lot of rare plants there. But, I didn’t have much time. So, I had to leave at once.

And then, I went to the White House. In fact, I saw it with Mike and some AGU members before. But, I thought it was a nice building again.

As soon as I arrived in College Park, I went to eat dinner. I ate a grilled chicken pita. I t was really good! After the dinner, Mike and I showed the pictures we took to each other. He took many nice pictures. When I saw them, I still want to stay in Maryland. But I have to go back Japan the day after tomorrow. So, I think I want to increase the wonderful memories more and more.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I don't want you to leave either, but I think we will have a great two days. Let's make more and more memories!

Mike said...

Thanks for showing me your pictures, Sae. I'm sure we'll all have a memorable and fun two days before everyone goes back.

Hiromi said...

Hello, Sae!
Time flies, right? I totally understand how you feel about going back to Japan because I felt the same way when I was there two years ago.

But you still can participate the program virtually after coming back Japan!

Anyway, please keep having fun with the rest of the program!

Nina Liakos said...

You may have to go back home on Friday, but we can stay in touch at Tapped In, and hopefully you can come back again!

I like the photo you selected to illustrate this post.